This module aims to develop students' ability to demonstrate some understanding of the French language, as well as speak, read and write French with relative proficiency.
- Do you want to feel more confident about having basic conversations, writing simple emails and understanding written and spoken language?
Your French will improve in a friendly, interactive and interesting environment.
Why wait? Start improving your French this summer!
Professors will help students to develop communication skills through regular class discussions, one-on-one conversations, role plays and oral presentations with classmates.
The aim of this course is that students will gain fluency in French while increasing their knowledge of France.
The course focuses on:
- expanding your vocabulary
- increasing basic conversational skills
- improving pronunciation
- increasing knowledge of grammar
- improving listening skills
- developing writing skills
- To complete the training, in addition to language classes, we propose to the students that they learn about contemporary French society and cultures by examining its products, practices and perspectives through thematic study.
Using authentic sources such as newspapers and magazines, films, music, stories and literary excerpts students will develop language skills and communicative proficiency in real life settings.
Contemporary French society
Syllabus : This seminar intends to present the main aspects of the French society, compared with other European industrialized countries. Indeed, the main objective is to analyze how the French society functions, taking into account some of the main historical steps which established the basis of the welfare system, of the labor market, the role of women in society, the system of education, etc.
Comparisons with other countries will be encouraged during all the seminar and students will be also encouraged to present the functioning of their own country. At the end of the seminar, students have to be able to understand some of the important issues in France and what is mainly at stake in contemporary debates.