Preparing your arrival

Preparing your arrival

Orientation week

At the beginning of September, students accepted in a Master’s Program will be required to attend an orientation week before the Fall semester starts.

During this week, students will also make their administrative registration.

Useful documents

If you are accepted to Sciences Po Lille and come to study in one of our Master’s programs, you will be required to submit the following documents for your registration:

  • 2 ID pictures
  • Insurance: The EU students must bring the European health card that will cover them during their full stay at Sciences Po Lille.
Exchange students (including Turkish students) will have to prove that they are covered during their full stay in France. Thus, students will have to submit a certificate proving that their international insurance is valid in France
  • Copy of identity Card or passport (with VISA) for students outside the European Union.
  • Birth certificate (languages accepted: French, English, Spanish, German and Italian; preferably in French for non EU students)-please note that the official translation into French of your birth certificate, along with the original birth certificate, will be necessary for some administrative matters (accommodation subsidy, French health insurance), thus we strongly recommend you to bring the translation into French of your birth certificate
  • Copy of your last university diploma which allows you to join our 4th year (a document showing that you already have 180 ECTS credits)
  • Copy of your last transcripts of records
Upon arrival, you will have to register and submit the documents listed above. Don’t forget to bring all of them with you.

Moreover, in order to register at Sciences Po Lille, you will be required to pay a “tax” called Contribution de vie étudiante et de campus (CVEC). The amount is 91€ (2020/2021).
You will have to pay it online via the following website:

Once you have paid online, you will get a certificate (Attestation Contribution de Vie Etudiante et de Campus). You will have to print this document and to bring it with you along with the other required documents (listed above).